CRISPR-Select is a powerful tool generating hard and valid data for solid decision-making, which is now possible earlier than ever before in drug development and patient treatment activities – it can be used in several ways within different activities e.g., in:
Target discovery / Pre-clinical development
CRISPR-Select supports and guides:
- Validation of Drug Targets
- Determining best drug action modality (catalytic inhibition, protein elimination or breakage of protein-protein interaction)
- Assessing relevant size of target population for a given drug
CRISPR-Select supports and guides clinical investigations by:
Selecting patients for inclusion / exclusion in each clinical investigation to increase speed of completion of any given clinical investigation as well as securing as high outcome size as at all possible for any given drug investigation (with a genetic component, which most drugs have, when directed against molecular targets in humans)
CRISPR-Select supports and guides prognostics and patient drug responsiveness or resistance in:
- Evaluation of cancer-derived variants (mutations) as pathogenic or benign in state-of-the-art functional assay (we have data on e.g., BRCA1/BRCA2, ATM, ERCC2, MLH1, RAS and others).
- Determination of which genetic variants (mutations) in any disease gene, make patients respond to drugs e.g., PARP inhibitor therapy in BRCA loss cancers or others.